Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

 © "Beginnings"

I have been working on painting with the approach of my line technique somewhat opposite of my usual, instead of flat lines, this new way of creating uses texture and raised lines to bring to life my imaginative horses. Doing something new can be an enriching experience, or it can be daunting. I find the new path interesting, and inspiring. There is a spiritual energy that guides my efforts, and this painting evolved to show that relationship between myself and the canvas, and between the subjects in the painting and the viewer. Since trying this new way is somewhat in it's infancy, it's a new beginning, and the painting subject is also a new beginning, therefore I named it "Beginnings" for the mare with the new generation at her side. Her foal looks to her for guidance, support, love and acceptance, and she in kind radiates that loving energy all around and behind and above them both. The rays of white light shine down on the pair. "Beginnings" is acrylic texture and paint on a 24"x20"x1.5" gallery wrap canvas. It is available for purchase. Contact me for more info. 

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysgaitedhorseartworks.blogspot.com
jonelle-t-mccoy.artistwebsites.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment