Thursday, October 2, 2014

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

© "BeCome a Survivor"

Last year I was commissioned by a fine lady who enjoys the paso fino breed like I do, to create an equine painting that depicted the will to fight and the hope for a cure for her breast cancer diagnosis. I painted this 8"x8"x1.5" gallery wrap acrylic with the horse looking forward and upwards, for belief that she would be ok, that she would beat this illness. I chose blues for a calming of frazzled nerves and pink for the passion that a hopeful fight brings. The horse is adorned with the signature pink ribbons that is symbolic of the breast cancer awareness in it's mane and hair that also sweeps up in the same direction as the horses steady and strong upward gaze, and there are some ribbons that can't be seen painted in the sides. I'm happy to report she is doing great- and I can only hope that this can be true for all women who face this devastating health crisis. I feel very blessed that my recent mammogram was clean and clear, I pray someday that this is the case for all women! Please feel free to share my blog to bring awareness to others. Thank you! 
PS I hope you noticed in the title of the painting my use of the capital letters B&C in become to signify Breast Cancer Survivor. 

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysgaitedhorseartworks.blogspot.com
jonelle-t-mccoy.artistwebsites.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment