Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

 
"Perigee Moon" 36"x36"x1.5" textured acrylic- SOLD

     September is nearly over, and what a busy month it was! Busy doesn't equate to painting time however though I did have a couple art related events going on. 
     The NY festival wasn't as I expected, I did enjoy meeting fellow equine artists however and talking to folks was fun and enjoyable. I was glad to have family there to support me and that made for great photo ops. 
     I entered 3 pieces in the OKC State Fair and did good- 2 first places and a third. In horse racing, that is good to be in the top three! I got a nice critique by one of the judges and that was a rare and welcomed treat. 
     On Sunday night I spent nearly 4 hours sitting in the front yard watching the perigee blood full moon total eclipse- that was a rare occurrence and I was thrilled to have clear skies to see it. It's fun to imagine what people thought back before science knew what was happening.
     With the advent of October just days away, it's time to start thinking about the upcoming holidays and for many- the beginning of taking orders for my annual equine art calendar. I will announce that soon, and will send out a newsletter mentioning it. You can sign up by going to the home-newsletter sign up page on my website here 
     For me here in Oklahoma, this is the beginning of better weather for horseback riding. Feels good to not just paint these wonderful animals but to go out and enjoy the world from the back of one! 

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment