Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

"Fired Up!" 16"x20"x1.5" textured acrylic- $550.00

I am addicted to color- all color- though yellow I can only take in small doses, but it does have it's place and uses. I prefer my yellows to be in the earthy range, like yellow ocher and raw sienna for y golden horses. There are times a color combination captures  my attention and I repeat it to gather up as much energy from it as I can. Such was the case with this painting. It started with #60 in the summer series, was repeated in "Eternal Flame" (posted two blogs ago) and now here it is again in "Fired Up!". This one is heading to NY for the EQUINE! festival to be on display there. I know there are artists who's work encompasses just a limited pallet, and I don't know if I could do that- I like to use all the colors to express myself- for mood, emotion, and aura. My favorite color is magenta purple, but I don't use it that often to paint with. My niece just got married September 5th and her color chosen for the wedding was purple. I was so thrilled! I often wonder- why does one certain color or blend of colors appeal to people? Why do we have those preferences? With my art, I'm bound to touch on favorites since I love the whole color wheel. 


Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment