Thursday, December 25, 2014

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

© "We Three Kings"


It's Christmas eve when I'm writing this, but I wish you all who see this on December 25th a very Merry Christmas! 
What is it you're excited about with Christmas? Santa's arrival? Giving gifts, receiving gifts, family, all the lovely lights and decorations? All or in part? Or is it the celebration of the child king Christ's birth? This painting was done stemming from a memory in my childhood. My father was artistic but didn't pursue it as passionately as I do, but he still showed his talent from time to time. We painted the living room window a couple times with wonderful holiday street scenes and you know who did the carriage horses. Ah, that was so wonderful. But that's not the memory I speak of here. We were Roman Catholics, and a nativity scene was always a part of our decorations. These figurines were set up with the manger in front of a two panel watercolor panorama of the Christmas Star of shining down. That star and it's light has never left my mind. It's part of what makes up my thoughts of Christmas. So here is my memory spoken with my voice. "We Three Kings", three golden horses in a field are bathed in the City of Bethlehem's starlight, and they are well aware of it's beauty. Painted with acrylics on a 12"x16"x1.5" gallery wrap.  
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysgaitedhorseartworks.blogspot.com
jonelle-t-mccoy.artistwebsites.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment