Saturday, May 17, 2014

Clothing Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

                                           
One thing I really enjoy is painting on clothing so I, or someone who desires to, can have a unique way to share the horse as art in any setting- out horseback riding, out on a date, while shopping, traveling or visiting friends and family etc. It started as a suggestion to do this on jean shirts, and I've expanded to short and long sleeved T's, dressy shirts, and jackets. A friend inspired me to add extra sparkle and interest with the addition of genuine Swarovski crystals. Each crystal is hand placed and hand glued one by one. In the light and the sun- WOW, they just sparkle so brightly!
Each article is hand inspected then selected, washed first for optimal paint adhesion, then after the paint has cured, the jewels are added if any. With proper care they can last and last. Some are enhanced with metallic or gliettery paint, photos just don't do many of these justice! Pictured is me with a jacket I painted for myself with our paso fino stallion Adonis. I have available stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment