Friday, February 13, 2015

Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy

© "Love Makes the World go Round"

Valentines day has a special meaning to me beyond the obvious, a day to celebrate love. It was in the parking lot of a Hardy's, inside my Toyota truck 25 years ago, that I first kissed my husband. I didn't know that he was bound and determined to have me as his wife, I was just enjoying spending time with him. And here we are, working towards our 14th anniversary later this fall. 
The painting showcased here is also the start of a love story. It was commissioned as an engagement gift from the gentleman to his girlfriend. The actual painting has their names painted on the heart, but I kept the image before they were added for my public displaying of the piece. It was very well received and I love the meaning behind the painting- I love carousel horses, and love can make you go around and around and makes you dizzy with stars in your eyes, and it also has up days and it has down days- sort of like the plucking of petals off of a flower. She love me, she loves me not etc. They did end up marrying, she said yes. A happy ending, for them and for me- hurrah!

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysgaitedhorseartworks.blogspot.com
jonelle-t-mccoy.artistwebsites.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment